An account of one's descent from an ancestor
who did not particularly care to trace his own.
Hello Family and Friends,
Greetings to all of you from San Diego, California on what appears (so far) to be a wonderful Friday the 13th. There will be no paraskevidekatriaphobia here.
Eric, born in San Diego in 1965, is
- the first (and only) child of Rex and Ellen Russell,
- the first of the 3 grandchildren of Bill and Pauline Shepard Russell,
- the first of the 21 Ggrandchildren of Will and Bura Davis Shepard,
- the first of over 100 GGgrandchildren of James Brooks and Callie Spear Davis,
- and probably the first of the several hundred GGGgrandchildren of Charles and Malinda Wright Davis.
I added the word "probably" in the above sentence because that gets us to the level of 4th cousins, and includes such a large number of descendants that I do not know who they all are, much less who is the first born among them all. But I'll bet it's Eric!
I'm embarrassed to say that [the picture of us] was taken in 2005. Eric is a little thinner and a lot less hair now, but aside of that he looks the same. We are approaching our 19th wedding anniversary this year. Thanks for thinking of us. Best Wishes!
Special Note Regarding Email Addresses. On a few occasions recently I have had some of you request the email address of a family member. I want to remind you that the emails I send out do not normally show the email addresses of every one on my mailing list. But I am always glad to share an email address with any family member who requests one from me.
- - -