Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Family Matters, Aug 21, 2012

Inside every older person
is a younger person
wondering what the hell happened.
~Cora Harvey Armstrong


Hello Family and Friends,

Greetings to all of you from San Diego, California, where Cindy and I are enjoying the company of family to the north. Our son Nathan, his wife Chenda and their children Preslea, Logan and William are here visiting us from Northern California. Also with us is my mom Maida Shepard from Anacortes, Washington as we celebrate the birthday of Cindy's mom Paula Harris, who was 89 years old this past Saturday.

This time with family has also been a time to remember loved ones who have gone before us. We visited Green Wood Cemetery here in San Diego where numerous members of our family are buried, including all four of my grandparents: Will and Bura Davis Shepard, and Leroy and Nola Shannon Gower. Among family members also buried there is my sister Linda Shepard Clark (1950-1971) who was born 62 years ago today.

The first picture, taken yesterday, shows my mother Maida Gower Shepard in the middle, holding her newest Ggrandchild William Q. Shepard who was born just 3 weeks ago. William's father Nate Shepard is on the right, and I (the proud grandpa) am on the left, to complete this four generation picture.  

Happy Anniversary Ruth and Eric! Today is the 19th anniversary of Eric and Ruth Styer Russell of Red Rock, Nevada. Eric is the oldest Ggrandchild of Will and Bura Davis Shepard, and the oldest grandchild of Bill and Pauline Shepard Russell.

Ruthie: Eric and I are going to Hawaii for my niece's wedding. It will be a couple of days late but I think that's a fine way to spend our 19th wedding anniversary. I will send you a current picture then. Thanks for thinking of us:)

Happy Birthday Amanda! This coming Saturday is the 29th birthday of Amanda Ortiz of Blue Springs, Mo. Amanda is the daughter of Kim Boyd Clark and the late Gabe Ortiz.

The second picture shows Amanda on the right, with her sister-in-law Desiree Ortiz on the left.

Amanda: I am doing well, and keeping busy. This last year has been great having my niece and nephews so close now and also having Grandmother and Granddad living near by. We have had some big changes in our family this last year. My summer has been super hot but great. I am actually looking forward to fall. It's crazy that I am celebrating my 29th birthday on the 25th. I will just be going out to dinner with my family and hopefully get to spend some time on the lake. Thank you for the birthday wishes!
- - -
Steve

No comments: