Saturday, March 19, 2011

Here Comes Spring, March 19, 2011

Only in the family 
can so many extremes 
be reconciled and synthesized.
Only in the family 
do we have a lifetime 
in which to do it.
- Letty Cottin Pogrebin

Hello Shepard Family and Friends,

Kaylan Ruth Shepard
Greetings to all of you from sunny San Diego where newly blooming flowers, especially the Yellow Sour Grass, announce the end of winter and the coming of spring. Cindy and I are enjoying a visit from a couple of Washington snow-birds, my mom Maida and sister Barbara who seem to be thawing out nicely. 

Kaylan Shepard. Today is the birthday of Kaylan Shepard, Dane and Cindy Shepard's daughter, of New Castle, Oklahoma. Kaylan is the last of the 21 Ggrandchildren of Will and Bura Shepard, and the last of all their descendants to be born in the 20th century.

Kaylan: I am very excited about my birthday!!! I also appreciate you for remembering!!! My mom cannot believe that I am turning 12, but I am loving it!!! For an early birthday present I got a new bowling ball. I am still trying to figure out what all I have to do with it,
Gary and Cindy Shepard
such as where I am supposed to move, what arrow I have to shoot at, and everything else. Thanks again for remembering my birthday. It would be nice to see you all!!!

Gary Shepard. This coming Wednesday, March 23, is the very special 65th birthday of my brother Gary Shepard. Gary is the oldest living grandchild of Will and Bura Shepard, and grandchild number 3 of Leroy and Nola Gower. He and his wife Cindy Shepard live in Oak Harbor, Washington, just a few miles from where a number of other Shepards and Gowers live in Western Washington. The second picture, from 2008, shows Gary and Cindy.

Gary was born and raised in San Diego, California but a few years ago retired with Cindy to Washington State. His three kids, Kerri, Jason and Kelly, along with his four grandkids, all live in Weatherford, Texas. 

Gary with Kerri, Jason and Kelly
This third picture shows Gary with his daughter Kelly on the right. His daughter Kerri and son Jason are in the back. This picture was taken last summer.

Happy Birthday to Kaylan and to Gary!

- - -
Steve




No comments: