Saturday, September 29, 2012

Family Treasures of Many Kinds, September 29, 2012



I have decided to be happy
because it is good for my health.
-Voltaire
Hello Family and Friends,

Greetings to all of you from Alameda, California where Cindy and I are visiting with our grandchildren and their parents.


Today is the birthday of Cathrina Helms Clark, whose husband is Jerry Clark of Lubbock, Texas.

Cathrina: We are staying plenty busy. I just recently changed jobs. I am working in the office at a middle school in Lubbock only 10 minutes from home. Finally on a similar schedule as Jerry. The first few weeks of school have been a bit of a challenge. Things are beginning to settle and I really feel blessed to have this job. Also we are expecting our 10th grand baby in January. My daughter Ashley is expecting her second daughter! So exciting that our families are growing!

The first picture, taken earlier this year, shows Cathrina and Jerry Clark.


Today is also the birthday of Alexandria Cotton, another Texan in our family. She is the daughter of Heather and Sean Cotton and the granddaughter of Paula Tuzzolino. Her Ggrandmother is Vicki Gower Johnston of Oak Harbor, Washington. Alexandria and her family live in San Antonio, Texas.


Alexandria is one year old today; her older sister Victoria was 5 years old back on July 23. Happy Birthday to these sisters and best wishes to them and their family. The second picture, taken back in the spring, shows Heather with her daughters Alexandria and Victoria.

Family History BookA few weeks ago I mentioned my Kilpatrick relation Marjorie Eldred in this blog when I wrote about my aunt Thelma's strange birth certificate. Marjorie has written a family history book about her Vaughn - Kilpatrick family, which includes stories set in Two Buttes, Colorado, a town of importance to the history of our Shepard - Davis family. She asked me if I would mind giving her book a recommendation once again, which I am glad to do. The title of her book is Seizing the Treasure: Nuggets of Vaughn-Kilpatrick Story.

Marjorie: "I will lower the price on the book to $15.00 plus postage for anyone who orders through me. Ask them to email me at cemeingv@q.com." 


Thanks to Marjorie for her generous offer and for all her work in family research.
- - -
Steve


No comments: